Monday 7 February 2011

Welcome

Hi,

Music has been a big part of my life. I first picked up a recorder when i was about 5 and it was the most amazing thing in the world to me, as time went by, i wanted to play something that i considered much more grown up. I desperately wanted to play the Saxophone, but I was advised to start with the Clarinet. Eventually I picked up the Saxophone as well as the Clarinet and became part of one of the most popular Jazz bands in the UK (Helston School Jazz Orchestra).
As much as i loved the music, i could not cope with the pressure. I was being made to play in 4 different bands at school and also forced into practicing every night by my parents. This drove me to dis-obey my parents and the school by not turning up to lessons or band practices. In the end, they let me quit.

For the past three years, I have been playing the electric guitar, playing on my terms, learning what I want, when I want. It has worked wonders, I can't go a day without practicing, not because i have to, but because i want to. Many people who start playing can never seem to get past that intial learning curve because they are so impatient.
Recently, after breaking up from my band Black Rose Stigmata, i have decided to make my own songs and record it using the equipment available to me.

This blog is about how the things that I learn whilst playing guitar, whether it be different patterns for scales, the best way to change the eq while recording vocals into your computer e.t.c.

I hope you continue to read and discover with me! :)

Poskito

No comments:

Post a Comment